Are you Treated with Dignity and Respect at Huddersfield University?
It’s a simple question isn’t it. Does it have a simple answer for you?
The university has a Dignity @ Work policy. This applies to every area of your working life. Perhaps take a little time to read each of the following rights and responsibilities, and reflect upon whether or not they apply to you. Remember, every employee of the university should abide by these, no matter their level of seniority.
Each individual employee has the following rights
- To be treated with dignity and respect.
- To be treated fairly and without discrimination.
- To disagree and present alternative views.
- To challenge and be assertive.
- To be consulted on decisions that affect their work.
- To have their contribution recognised.
Each individual also has the following responsibilities
- To treat others with dignity and respect.
- To challenge inappropriate behaviours in others.
- To respect the authority and decisions of others.
- To deal with conflict constructively.
- To recognise the needs of the business and others.
“Yes I’m treated with dignity and respect”
That’s great news. This is how it should be!